How to create a connection in Selzy to the Zoho CRM and set up the transfer of contacts or leads from Zoho CRM is explained in these instructions.
Creation of a new integration
In section Integrations, go to My integrations and create a new connection (New):
You are looking at the integration editor. Here you choose from which service you will receive data and to which service you will transfer it.
Select an app which sends the data — selecting the service from which the data is sent and setting a trigger for the transfer.
Select an app which receives the data — selecting the service that receives the data and configuring the action to be taken on the data.
Selecting the trigger for the data transfer
- Click on Select an app which sends the data:
- Select Zoho CRM in the App field and Updated records in the Event field. This trigger will respond to both a change in the row and the addition of a new row.
Set up a connection to Zoho CRM
To complete the configuration of the trigger, you need to create a connection to the Zoho CRM service.
- Click Add a connection to add a connection to your Zoho CRM account:
- Enter a name for the connection and click Continue:
- Give Zoho CRM access via the Grant access button:
- In the pop-up window, give permission to perform the requested actions:
- After a successful connection, a notification window will appear. Press any button, e.g. OK:
- Then in the pop-up window in Additional parameters select the Zoho Crm module from which you want to transfer data. Usually it is either Leads or Contacts module. If you need to set up both Leads and Contacts, you need to create two connections and select different modules.
- Then click Add a trigger:
Setting up the trigger
- In the Automation operation mode pop-up window, select data transfer mode.
Real-time — real-time data transfer. The data transfer will start when the first change is made to the lead/contact or a new lead/contact will be added.
Data migration — transfer the data that was previously in the module. If the selected module already has leads/contacts and you need to transfer them to Selzy, then the Data migration option will be fine. In this case, select Add many contacts rather than Add a new contact as the Selzy action.
Select Real time to transmit new rows and keep an eye on changes in the row:
- In the Fields Setting window, select whether to load the changed lead/contact once or more.
If you select “Yes, 1 time”(Yes, 1), the field data will not be overwritten when the lead/contact is changed in Zoho CRM again.
If "no, load always" (No, 0), the field data will be overwritten and new changes to the lead/contact will be added.
We recommend choosing "no" (No, 0): then every field change in Zoho CRM will be transferred to Selzy.
Select an option and click Save:
Setting up the action
- Click Select an app which receives the data and select Selzy in the App field:
- In the Action field, select Add a new contact:
- In the Selzy Account field, select your Selzy connection and then click Add an action:
In a new window you set up the rule for overwriting data, the fields to be transmitted, the list where the contacts will go, and connect the list subscription confirmation.
- In Overwrite rules select overwrite mode for fields, e.g. All fields will be overwritten. The overwrite rule will be valid for those contacts that are already in the list.
Add new values to fields (0) is selected if you only want to pass unfilled or new contact fields and not to change existing ones. If the contact was in other lists, it will be added to the new list and remain in the old lists.
All fields will be overwritten (1) is worth selecting if you want to replace all field values with new ones: the old field values will be deleted and replaced by the new ones. If the contact was in other lists, it will be removed from them and will only be added to the one specified in the Contact List field.
Only passed parameters will be overwritten (2) — only the fields that are transferred from the spreadsheet will be replaced. If the contact has other fields in Selzy, they will not be changed.
How overwriting looks like in practice:
|Result (0)||email@example.com||Ann||1, 2||a, b||🍋||444|
|Result (2)||firstname.lastname@example.org||Maria||1, 2||b||🍋||444|
Selzy row — contact fields before transferring a contact from Zoho CRM. Zoho CRM row — fields that are transferred from Zoho CRM.
Afterwards, you see the result of each overwrite rule:
Result (0) — Add new values to fields (0)
Result (1) — All fields will be overwritten (1)
Result (2) — Only passed parameters will be overwritten (2)
The Lists and Tag fields you specify when configuring the connection in the second step Add a new contact. Email, Name, Product, Order fields are transferred from Zoho CRM module.
- In the Email field, select the name of the column from which the email address of the lead/contact will be transmitted.
In the same way, you can choose from where the phone number and name will be transmitted:
- In the Contact List field, select the list in Selzy where the contacts will go.
- In the Double Opt-In field, select whether or not an opt-in email is required to sign up for the contact list. If an opt-in email is not required, select «3».
Always send an invitation (0) — invitation email required to subscribe to the list Invitation letter not required (3) — invitation email not required, contact is immediately added to the list with «new» status Invitation letter for new users only (4) — the system will check: if the contact has not been in your lists before, an invitation email will be sent; if the contact is already in the lists, it will be added to the specified list immediately
In the screenshot below you can also see an example of filling in the fields:
- Save the settings by clicking Save.
- Click Start to start the integration.
Connection between Zoho CRM and Selzy is ready: now when a contact/lead is added or changed in the selected module, this data will be sent to the contact list in Selzy.