You will find out how to create a connection in Selzy to the Pipedrive crm system and set up contact transfer in the instructions below.
Creation of a new integration
In the Integrations section, go to My integrations and create a new connection (New):
You are looking at the integration editor. Here you choose which service you will receive data from and to which service you will send it.
Select an app which sends the data — selection of the service from which the data is sent and configuring the trigger for transmission;
Select an app which receives the data — selection of the service that receives the data and configuring the action to be performed with the data.
Selection of the trigger for data transmission
- Click Select an app which sends the data:
- Select Pipedrive in the App field and choose New contact in the Event field: when a new contact is created in the CRM system, it will be automatically transferred to Selzy's contact list.
Setting up the connection to Pipedrive
To complete the trigger setup, you need to create a connection to the Pipedrive service.
- Click on "Add a connection" to add a connection to your Pipedrive account.
- Enter a name for the connection, insert the Pipedrive api key and press Continue:
You can get the api key from the Personal Preferences in Pipedrive. To do this go to your Pipedrive account, click on your avatar and select Personal Preferences:
Then go to the API tab and copy the api key:
Insert the api key into the connection window in Selzy:
- After a successful connection, a notification window will appear. Press any button, for example OK:
- Then click Add a trigger:
Setting up the field transfer tool
To get contact fields for Email and phone transfer, you need to connect a special Iterator tool. This tool will find the fields in Pipedrive and they will be used when configuring the fields for transfer to Selzy.
- Press the "+" symbol after the first step and select Tool:
- Select Iterator from the tool list and press Select:
- In the window that appears, in the Row field, select Email (New contact - Email) and click Save:
If you also need to transfer the Phone field, add a second tool in the same way:
In the window that appears, select Phone in the Row field (New contact - Phone) and click Save:
For ease of navigation, we recommend renaming the first Iterator to Email and the second to Phone:
Setting up an action
After adding a tool, you can move on to setting up the action on the Selzy side and the fields to be transmitted.
- Press the "+" symbol after and select Action:
- Select Selzy in the App field and Add a new contact in the Action field:
- In the Selzy account field, select your Selzy connection and click Add an action:
In a new window, configure the rule for overwriting the data, the fields for transmission, the list where the contacts will go, and connect the list subscription confirmation.
- In Overwrite rules select an overwrite mode for the fields, for example, All fields will be overwritten. The overwrite rule will be valid for those contacts that are already in the list.
000 Alt: How to connect Selzy with PipedriveAlt: How to connect Selzy with Pipedrive
Add new values to fields (0) is selected if only unfilled or new contact fields are to be passed and existing fields are not to be changed. If the contact was in other lists it will be added to the new list and remain in the old lists.
All fields will be overwritten (1) is worth choosing if you want to overwrite all field values with the new ones: the old field values will be deleted and replaced with the new ones. If a contact was in other lists then it will be removed from them and added only to the one specified in the Contact List field.
Only passed parameters will be overwritten (2) - only those fields that are passed from the table will be replaced. If the contact has other fields in Selzy, they will not be overwritten.
How overwriting looks like in practice:
|Result (0)||firstname.lastname@example.org||Ann||1, 2||a, b||🍋||444|
|Result (2)||email@example.com||Maria||1, 2||b||🍋||444|
Selzy row - contact fields before a contact is transferred from Pipedrive.
Pipedrive row - fields that are transferred from Pipedrive.
Afterwards you see the result of each overwriting rule:
Result (0) — Add new values to fields (0)
Result (1) — All fields will be overwritten (1)
Result (2) — Only passed parameters will be overwritten (2)
The Lists and Tag fields you specify when configuring the connection in the second step Add a new contact. The Email, Name and other additional fields (Product, Order) are transferred from Pipedrive.
- In the Email field, select Tool: Iterator Email (this will be your name for the tool) and select Value:
In the same way, you can specify the field for the phone transfer in the Phone field. To do this, select the second tool you added earlier:
- In the Contact List field, select the list in Selzy where the contacts will go.
- In the New contact tags field, enter the tags you would like to assign to the contacts:
- In the Double Opt-In field, select if you want an opt-in email to be sent to confirm the subscription to the contact list. If an opt-in email is not required, select «3».
Always send an invitation (0) - invitation email required to subscribe to the list
Invitation letter not required (3) - invitation email not required, contact is immediately added to the list with «new» status
Invitation letter for new users only (4) - the system will check: if the contact has not been in your lists before, an invitation email will be sent; if the contact is already in the lists, it will be added to the specified list immediately.
- In the Name field select the field to transfer the name from the Pipedrive service:
Example of filling fields:
- Save the settings by pressing Save:
- Press Start to start the integration.
Done. Now when a new contact is created in Pipedrive, it will automatically transfer to Selzy in the selected list.
If you have made changes to Selzy or Pipedrive (e.g. created a list or field) and do not see them in the integration setting, try updating the connection to Selzy or Pipedrive.
When you need to update your connection:
- If you have created a new list or field in Selzy and want it to appear in the add contact setting.
- If you have added a new field to a table connected to Selzy in Pipedrive
To update the connection, go to My integrations, then to Apps and select Pipedrive connection. Press Update.
By going to the Selzy connection, you can also update it.
Now the changes you have made to Pipedrive or Selzy will be shown in the connection.