Crafting an eye-catching subject line
A subject line can be the make or break for your email marketing campaigns at any time of the year. Halloween is the perfect time to play with words and have some fun with the subject lines. Remember: this day the worse is better! Puns about spooktacular discounts and monster sales create the appropriate festive atmosphere.
People usually welcome such plays on words and treat them with a smile. So, don’t become one of those boring e-commerce corporations with serious email campaigns all year round! Add some festive flavor to your subject line and don’t forget to highlight your offer and the benefit of getting your product.
These are the general recommendation for Halloween-themed subject lines:
- Keep your subject line short, so that it could display correctly on the majority of mobile devices.
- Spice it with Halloween-themed emojis to create a festive spirit.
- Highlight your offer and benefits for the customer.
Some great examples:
- Don’t let Halloween sneak up on you!
- Witching You Happy Halloween 😈
- Humongous Halloweekend Sale 🎃
- Witch Hats Optional
- A little treat to go with all the tricks this weekend!
- Double, double toil and trouble
- BOO! Get 20% off everything! 👻
If it’s still hard for you to craft a Halloween subject line, choose a couple of the most appropriate variants and do A/B testing to see which one of them works best for your customers.
Choosing a perfect email design
The first thing that comes to mind is to choose one of the common Halloween symbols for your newsletter: cats, witches, potion pots, zombies, ghosts, etc. However, you can show a little more ingenuity in your campaign.
Opt for simple layouts that are both good-looking and easy to customize. Since Halloween is more of a visual holiday, choose designs with bright graphic elements and images to wish your audience a Happy Halloween.
Look at this marketing campaign by Framebridge: