The benefits of using email marketing services in education
Email marketing has numerous benefits for businesses. But in education in particular, it delivers outstanding results. According to a report from Campaign Monitor, email open rate for the industry in 2021 was 28.5% — the highest one among the 18 industries represented (the average is 21.5%). Education also has the second highest click-to-open rate. Moreover, survey data from Statista indicates that the overwhelming majority of internet users aged 15 and up use email. All this proves that email marketing is an effective way to reach current and prospective students and their parents.
While it is theoretically possible to create email marketing campaigns manually, this method has many limitations. To make the most of their efforts, educational institutions use email marketing software. It automates routine processes, saves time, and helps schools and online courses drastically improve vital metrics.
Here are just some of the benefits of using email marketing services in education:
- Less time spent on composing emails (thanks to drag-and-drop builders and email templates).
- Better-looking emails that reflect your brand identity
- Higher deliverability and trustworthiness (due to email authentication)
- Emails delivered to all subscribers right on time
- No limitations for bulk emails (unlike in free services like Gmail or Outlook)
- Efficient triggered and nurture campaigns for higher enrollment and retention (due to automation)
- Improved engagement due to personalization
- Detailed campaign analytics to draw insights from
In addition to that, email marketing provides exceptionally high ROI ($36 for every $1 spent) and remains one of the most cost-effective digital marketing channels.
Now, you might be wondering how to find the best email marketing service when there are so many out there. Well — first, you need to consider a few things.