In the instructions below, we'll show you how to create a Facebook connection and set up the transfer of subscribers from your Facebook page form to your Selzy contacts list.
How to create a connection with Facebook
In your Selzy account, in the Integrations section, go to My Integrations and click on Apps:
This section contains connections you have made to other services. Click on Add a connection to add a new connection:
From the list of applications, select the Facebook service:
Click on the Facebook icon again and then the Add a connection button:
In the window that appears, enter a name for the connection. Then click Continue:
In the window that appears, agree to grant access to your Facebook account by clicking on Continue:
When the connection is successful, a notification window will appear. Click any button. For example, on OK:
The connection has been made. You can now move on to setting up the trigger.
How to transfer subscribers from a form on a Facebook page to a contact list in Selzy
With the integration between Facebook and Selzy, you can send the data of the contacts who filled in the form on your Facebook Page (Page) and add them to the desired list in Selzy. To do this, you need to create a connection with a Lead Ad trigger and an Add a new contact action.
Selecting the trigger for the data transfer: «Lead Ad»
- In your personal Selzy account, in the Integrations section → My integrations → Automations click on New to create a new connection:
- You are looking at the integration builder. Click on Select an app which sends the data to select the service from which the data will be sent and the trigger for the transmission:
- In the window that appears, configure the trigger settings. In the App field select Facebook, in the Event field select Lead Ad, in the Facebook account select the Facebook connection already created. After selecting the connection in the Additional parameters, be sure to select your Facebook Page (Page) where the form is placed, and the form (Form) from which the subscribers will be transferred.
- Then click on Add a trigger:
- In the Automation operation mode pop-up window, select data transfer mode. Real-time — transmission of data in real time. The transmission of new rows will start when a new subscriber completes the form.
Data migration — transfer contacts who have previously completed the form (at this time, this transfer mode is not available).
To transfer new subscribers, select Real time:
Setting up the second step: action «Add a new contact»
The second step is to add the found contact to the Selzy list.
- In the integration builder, click on Select an app which receives the data to add the action that will take place with the data received from the Facebook:
- In the Add an action window set the action parameters: in the App field select Selzy, in the Action field select Add a new contact, in Selzy account select the already created connection to Selzy:
- Then click on Add an action:
Setting up the fields to be transferred
In a new window, the rule for overwriting data, the fields to be transferred, the list where the contacts will go, and the list subscription confirmation is connected.
- In Overwrite rules select overwrite mode for custom fields, e.g. All fields will be overwritten. The overwrite rule will be valid for those contacts that are already in the list.
Add new values to fields (0) is selected if you only want to pass unfilled or new contact fields and not to change existing ones. If the contact was in other lists, it will be added to the new list and remain in the old lists.
All fields will be overwritten (1) is worth selecting if you want to replace all field values with new ones: the old field values will be deleted and replaced by the new ones. If the contact was in other lists, it will be removed from them and will only be added to the one specified in the Contact List field.
Only passed parameters will be overwritten (2) — only those fields that are transferred from the Facebook service will be changed. If the contact has other fields in Selzy, they will not be changed.
How overwriting looks like in practice:
|Result (0)||email@example.com||Ann||1, 2||a, b||🍋||444|
|Result (2)||firstname.lastname@example.org||Maria||1, 2||b||🍋||444|
Selzy row — contact fields before transferring a contact from Facebook.
Facebook row — fields that are transferred from Facebook.
Afterwards, you see the result of each overwrite rule:
Result (0) — Add new values to fields (0)
Result (1) — All fields will be overwritten (1)
Result (2) — Only passed parameters will be overwritten (2)
You specify the Lists and Tag fields when configuring the connection in the second step Add a new contact. The Email, Name, Product, Order fields are transferred from Facebook.
- In the Email field, select the identical field from the Facebook app from which the contact's email address will be transferred:
In the same way, you can select where the phone number and name will be transferred from and add new tags for contacts:
If you need other contact fields than the standard Email, Name, Phone, you can create them in Selzy section Contacts → Tools → Custom Fields:
- In the Contact List field, select the list in Selzy where the contacts will go:
- In the Double Opt-In field, select whether or not an opt-in email is required to sign up for the contact list. If an opt-in email is not required, select «3».
Always send an invitation (0) — invitation email required to subscribe to the list.
Invitation letter not required (3) — invitation email not required, contact is immediately added to the list with «new» status.
Invitation letter for new users only (4) — the system will check: if the contact has not been in your lists before, an invitation email will be sent; if the contact is already in the lists, it will be added to the specified list immediately.
- Save the settings by pressing Save.
In the screenshot below you can also see an example of filling in the fields:
- Click Start to start the integration:
The integration between Facebook and Selzy is ready: when a contact fills the form on your Facebook page, their data will be sent to the list in Selzy.
Updating the data
If you have made changes to Selzy or Facebook (e.g. created a list or a field) and do not see them in the integration setup, try updating your Selzy or Facebook connection. When the connection needs to be updated:
- If you have created a new list or field in Selzy and want it to appear in the add contact setting.
- If you do not see the Facebook fields when setting up the fields for transfer
To update your connection, go to My integrations, then to Apps and select Facebook connection. Click Update.
By going to the Selzy connection, you can also update it.
Now the changes you have made to Facebook or Selzy will be shown in the connection.