Why are affiliate programs for software a great option?
There are thousands of affiliate programs available in the US alone. But programs by software companies stand apart from the crowd as a kind of the affiliate marketing “royalty”. Considering the virtually unbeatable benefits they offer, it’s no surprise. Just think of the following.
- Affiliate programs for software typically pay better than most. If you promote a SaaS product, commissions can reach up to 70% or even more.
- Some programs, including Selzy’s own affiliate program, offer recurring commissions, which means affiliates earn a commission every time customers brought in by them renew subscriptions. Time limits for recurring commissions can differ, but anyway — isn’t it lovely to not earn a single payment, but secure a monthly income for a year or more?
- Many SaaS products have flexible pricing, which is a great way for affiliates to maximize their income. For example, Selzy has 4 plans, from Free to Premium, with pricing that varies depending on the features available and the number of contacts linked to an account. Affiliate marketers get percentages from sales, so the more expensive plans they sell, the more they earn.
- Software products are indispensable to businesses and entrepreneurs, which helps affiliates get more conversions provided they target the right audience. Also, some products have few or no alternatives on the market, meaning that affiliates face competition only from fellow marketers promoting the same brands. What’s more, such software products perfectly fit into the account-based marketing paradigm.
- Software choice these days is abundant. There are software solutions for everything from time management to online marketing to design, productivity, and whatnot. So you can always find a product to fit your occupation and target audience.
All that makes software affiliate programs a great option for everyone looking for a high-paying side hustle. But how do you choose your ideal program? And what should you look at firsthand? Read on to learn the most important criteria.