Selzy vs ActiveCampaign
Trying to choose between Selzy vs ActiveCampaign as your email marketing software? Here's when to choose each tool – and the pros and cons to know about.
- 4.8 GetApp
- 4.8 Capterra
- 4.7 G2
Average 4.8 / 5
Selzy is an email marketing platform that targets small and medium-sized businesses. With Selzy you can create email campaigns in a matter of minutes, import existing contacts and collect new ones, automate tasks to save time, improve, test and track marketing campaigns.
From $7 a month depending on the tariff, the contact list size and the final scope of work and extra services
- 100+ free responsive email templates
- Email block editor with customizable ready-made HTML modules
- Personalization and segmentation
- List hygiene
- A/B testing
- Email automated
- Email recommendations
24/7 available support via chat, email and phone
- 3.6 TrustPilot
- 4.6 Capterra
- 4.6 G2
Average 4.3 / 5
An automation platform that combines email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for cross-channel management, segmentation, and personalization. It can also be used to automate sales and support processes.
Starts from $9 a month for 500 contacts (billed yearly)
- Automation features for marketing
- Integrated CRM tools
- Integrations with various popular services
- Landing page constructor
- Intuitive email builder
Availability: 9 am - 11 pm CDT (GMT-5) Communication in the chat or via email
General info about company
Selzy is an easy-to-use email marketing tool for businesses of all sizes with a focus on small and medium businesses.
ActiveCampaign was founded in 2003 by Jason VandeBoom. Hubs in Chicago, Sidney, and Dublin.
The platform offers a great choice of templates for any occasion from Black Friday to non-profit campaigns and a drag-and-drop email editor — no coding or design skills needed.
The workflow is intuitive and simple — it allows you to launch your first ever email campaign in 15 minutes.
The analytics dashboard is minimalist and only contains the necessary information.
Overall, Selzy is a great choice for those who have never done email marketing before.
No coding or design skills are required as there are plenty of automation recipes available. The system itself is comparatively complex, though, and needs some getting accustomed to.
Small and medium businesses, newbies in email marketing
Businesses that plan to scale their email marketing up to include CRM, e-commerce integrations, and diverse automation schemes.
Free forever plan with the full functionality and a limited contact list up to 1,000 addresses and a monthly limit of 15,000 emails a month
No free plan. Has a free 14 days trial with up to 100 email sends to 100 contacts. The features available within the trial match the Professional tier of features.
The trial is limited to 1 user and doesn’t include:
- Predictive Sending
- Predictive Content
- Sending auto-responder campaigns
- Custom fields in forms
- Using “Email Results” in subscription forms
- SMS credits or sending
- Adding a domain to a landing page
Selzy offers two dynamic pricing systems — by contact list size (up to 500,000 contacts) and by email volume:
- Lite: $10–$210/month
- Standard: $15–$700/month
- Premium: $220/month and higher, full price depends on the scope of work
If you pay by email volume, you can:
- Pay $0.005 for each email you send
- Pay in bulk monthly or annually, starting from $1150 for 500,000 emails
Marketing + CRM
For 500 contacts, billed yearly/monthly:
- Lite $9 / $15
- Plus $49 / $70
- Professional $149 / $187
- Enterprise — individual pricing
Other pricing features:
- 2-year price lock
- Billing pause for 12 months with the account and campaigns intact.
- Only charges for the contacts the client actively markets to, no matter how many lists they’re on.
- A 20% discount for nonprofits.
- Free 14 days trial.
Selzy offers live chat, email and phone tech support available 24/7. The average response time is 5 minutes. The platform also has an extensive knowledge base with tutorials on getting started.
Working hours: 9 am – 11 pm CDT (GMT-5)
Either live chat or email requests
Aside from online support, ActiveCampaign offers:
- Free online training
- Community and forum
- FAQ website section
- Study Hall — in-person learning classes
- Website subscription forms and pop-ups
- Anti-spam email check
- Email size check
- Email authentication check
- Email recommendations — for Standard plan users
- Deliverability tips — for Premium users
- Subject line assistant — for Premium users
- Full campaign management from setting up DKIM to training and consulting — for Premium users
- Marketing automation
- Landing page builder
- Built-in CRM for small-medium-sized businesses
- Many service integrations
- Drag-and-drop email designer
- Free migration from other services
- SMS marketing
- Site messages
- Live chat and automated chatbot workflows
144 free templates sorted by industries and occasions, 16 of which are empty with fully customizable blocks. If you don’t like templates, here’s how you can build an email from scratch:
- Build an email in the block editor using pre-made rows
- Use an HTML editor to tweak Selzy’s templates or create your own
- Upload your own HTML code you’ve written in another editor
No-code dynamic content available
Email template recommendations and guides
- Abandoned Cart
- Conference Event
- Customer Service
- Reviews Feedback
- CRM: Salesforce, Pipedrive, RD station, Zendesk, HubSpot, Kommo, Zoho
- Tables: Google Sheets, Airtable
- Form builders: Typeform, WordPress
- Ecommerce: Shopify, Ecwid, WooCommerce
- Social media: Facebook
Currently a beta version.
Facebook, Google Analytics, WooCommerce, WordPress, Shopify, Unbounce, ClickFunnels, Salesforce, Zapier, and more
- A web app for desktop, the website is optimized for smartphones
- Email extensions for Chrome and Outlook
- Mobile app for Android and iOS (possible to review email reports, track customer activity, and manage CRM data).
- No installable solution
Czech Dutch English French German Hungarian Indonesian Italian Polish Portuguese Brazilian Portuguese Russian Slovenian Spanish Danish Finnish Simplified Chinese Turkish Vietnamese
Selzy offers 12 templates for automated email chains — each template includes scenarios, email subject lines, and sending time. If none of them is suitable for your goal, you can start from scratch.
So far, Selzy offers two triggers for email sequences — “Add to list” and “Subscribe to list”. After choosing the initial trigger, you can start building an automation chain using actions like sending an email and conditions like sending different emails to different user groups. Conditions are highly customizable and include many characteristics from email engagement to UTM content, promo code, and so on.
800+ automation recipes for email and other marketing channels.
Offers the whole customer experience automation:
- Links different integrated services (like Shopify or Facebook) into cohesive scenarios.
- Collects broad data on each customer, so it’s possible to customize segments based on almost any parameter.
- Helps to choose the best content, send time, and delivery channel for each individual customer.
- Has AI advice on improving the marketing strategy.
- Fully functional free trial
- Many unique features like anti-spam check and deliverability suggestions
- A simple interface great for newbies
- 24/7 tech support
- Affordable pricing
- Hundreds of automation options even for sophisticated purposes
- CRM features
- Mobile app
- A dedicated email deliverability specialist checks the client’s email for compliance before sending
- Automation of 1:1 communications to customers on the website or social media
- Interface not translated to many languages
- A limited choice of integrations
- Limited customization options in sign-up forms
- High price and no free plan
- Customer support is often unavailable or slow
- Complicated automations system
- Steep learning curve
- Reports aren’t great (not enough information, no real-time results, visually unappealing, etc.)
Reviews from experts
“I recently started using Selzy and I have been extremely impressed with its performance. One of the standout features is its user-friendly interface. It's very easy to navigate, and I was able to set up my first campaign in just a few minutes. The drag-and-drop editor makes it simple to create visually appealing emails, and there are plenty of customizable templates to choose from.”
“As someone who has built up my network with Selzy’s tools, I’m confident it’s saved me countless hours of hard work compared to other similar products—which speaks volumes. Plus, they consistently provide helpful customer support, comprehensive online tutorials & guides, and other resources that make it easy to start immediately. If you’re looking for an email marketing platform to help you stand out in the times ahead, give Selzy a try – you won’t regret it!”
“ActiveCampaign is a solid choice for your email marketing needs. There are few flaws (though they matter), and if you want a service you can integrate into almost any tool chain, ActiveCampaign’s feature-packed plans have few equals.
While its decent feature set could potentially be let down by the rather high prices on more expensive plans, ActiveCampaign still provides good value for your money”.
“So do we recommend ActiveCampaign?
As this ActiveCampaign review highlights, it’s really tough to fault ActiveCampaign, not only do they offer almost everything you need within an email marketing platform, but they do it very well.
The reporting offers you insight into almost all facets, such as page visits, geo-tracking, openers, ecommerce and more. One area that is slightly lacking is the email builder, not offering an experience as slick as other services out there, with a few niggling features that could be done better (like the revision history)”.
*This information is current as of 09/28/2023. While we regularly update our articles, it`s possible that this article may not contain some of the latest information.