Selzy vs MailerLite
Trying to choose between Selzy vs MailerLite as your email marketing software? Here's when to choose each tool – and the pros and cons to know about.
- 4.8 GetApp
- 4.8 Capterra
- 4.7 G2
Average 4.8 / 5
Selzy is an email marketing platform that targets small and medium-sized businesses. With Selzy you can create email campaigns in a matter of minutes, import existing contacts and collect new ones, automate tasks to save time, improve, test and track marketing campaigns.
From $7 a month depending on the tariff, the contact list size and the final scope of work and extra services
- 100+ free responsive email templates
- Email block editor with customizable ready-made HTML modules
- Personalization and segmentation
- List hygiene
- A/B testing
- Email automated
- Email recommendations
24/7 available support via chat, email and phone
- 4.4 TrustPilot
- 4.7 Capterra
- 4.7 G2
Average 4.6 / 5
MailerLite is an all-in-one email marketing platform that allows you to create newsletters, landing pages, and even websites using pre-made templates. It has 100+ integrations with other platforms and a recurring payment feature for paid newsletters.
Free plan, dynamic paid plans depending on the features and the contact list size start from $9/month billed yearly.
- Drag-and-drop email editor with an AI writing assistant
- No-code website, blog, and landing page builder
- iPad subscriber app for generating leads on offline events
- Paid newsletter subscription
- Automated sequences
- Integrations with online stores
- Email verifier
24/7 email and live chat support
General info about company
Selzy is an easy-to-use email marketing tool for businesses of all sizes with a focus on small and medium businesses.
MailerLite was founded in 2005 as a web design agency but then switched to email marketing. The company is remote-first, with employees in 40 countries.
The platform offers a great choice of templates for any occasion from Black Friday to non-profit campaigns and a drag-and-drop email editor — no coding or design skills needed.
The workflow is intuitive and simple — it allows you to launch your first ever email campaign in 15 minutes.
The analytics dashboard is minimalist and only contains the necessary information.
Overall, Selzy is a great choice for those who have never done email marketing before.
No coding or design skills are required to create emails and web pages. The platform also offers an extensive knowledge base with tutorials, which makes it beginner-friendly.
Small and medium businesses, newbies in email marketing
E-commerce, freelancers, small businesses
Free forever plan with the full functionality and a limited contact list up to 1,000 addresses and a monthly limit of 15,000 emails a month
A generous forever free plan with a limit of 1 user, 1,000 contacts, and 12,000 monthly emails. The free plan includes:
- Email editor and automation builder
- Website builder and 10 templates for landing pages
- Sign-up forms and pop-ups
- 24/7 email and chat support for the first 30 days
Selzy offers two dynamic pricing systems — by contact list size (up to 500,000 contacts) and by email volume:
- Lite: $10–$210/month
- Standard: $15–$700/month
- Premium: $220/month and higher, full price depends on the scope of work
If you pay by email volume, you can:
- Pay $0.005 for each email you send
- Pay in bulk monthly or annually, starting from $1150 for 500,000 emails
- $9-205/month billed yearly, depending on the number of subscribers, with a limit of 50k contacts at the highest price
- Unlimited emails and 24/7 support
- Includes extra features like dynamic emails, selling digital products, blogs, and an unsubscribe page builder
- 3 users available
- $19-1,600/month billed yearly, with a limit of 500k contacts at the highest price
- An email limit if you have more than 50k subscribers, up to 6 million, depending on the number
- Includes features like custom HTML editor, AI writing assistant, Facebook integration, promotion pop-ups, and more
- Unlimited users
- Depends on the scope of work
- Only available for businesses with 100k and more subscribers
- Includes the services of a dedicated success manager, onboarding, account audit, and dedicated IP and deliverability consultation
Selzy offers live chat, email and phone tech support available 24/7. The average response time is 5 minutes. The platform also has an extensive knowledge base with tutorials on getting started.
Customer support is available 24/7 via email and live chat — however, it’s only available for 30 days on the free plan. Users can also hire experts in email marketing, copywriting, no code development, and more.
MailerLite also offers an extensive Customer Self-Service Center. It includes:
- A large categorized knowledge base, that includes articles about troubleshooting most common issues
- Video tutorials
- A Circle community where users can communicate with each other
- A free ML Academy with 5 free online courses about MailerLite and email marketing
- Website subscription forms and pop-ups
- Anti-spam email check
- Email size check
- Email authentication check
- Email recommendations — for Standard plan users
- Deliverability tips — for Premium users
- Subject line assistant — for Premium users
- Full campaign management from setting up DKIM to training and consulting — for Premium users
- Email marketing automation
- Sign-up forms
- Landing pages
- Website builder
- Blog builder
- Email verifier
- Transactional emails
- Click maps
- The ability to sell digital products like e-books and online courses
- Setting up a paid subscription for emails
144 free templates sorted by industries and occasions, 16 of which are empty with fully customizable blocks. If you don’t like templates, here’s how you can build an email from scratch:
- Build an email in the block editor using pre-made rows
- Use an HTML editor to tweak Selzy’s templates or create your own
- Upload your own HTML code you’ve written in another editor
70+ templates for newsletters:
- Blog digests
- Holiday emails
- Featured product
- Surveys and quizzes
- Deals and offers
- Emails for creative professionals
40+ templates for landing pages:
- For bloggers
- For creative professionals
- Surveys and quizzes
- Coming soon
18 website templates for different industries and purposes:
- Food and drinks
- CRM: Salesforce, Pipedrive, RD station, Zendesk, HubSpot, Kommo, Zoho
- Tables: Google Sheets, Airtable
- Form builders: Typeform, WordPress
- Ecommerce: Shopify, Ecwid, WooCommerce
- Social media: Facebook
Currently a beta version.
139 integrations with services for CRM, loyalty programs, e-commerce, project management, surveys, and more.
- A web app for desktop, the website is optimized for smartphones
MailerLite has a web app, an iOS app, and an iPad app only for subscribing leads on offline events.
Selzy offers 12 templates for automated email chains — each template includes scenarios, email subject lines, and sending time. If none of them is suitable for your goal, you can start from scratch.
So far, Selzy offers two triggers for email sequences — “Add to list” and “Subscribe to list”. After choosing the initial trigger, you can start building an automation chain using actions like sending an email and conditions like sending different emails to different user groups. Conditions are highly customizable and include many characteristics from email engagement to UTM content, promo code, and so on.
- 15 automation recipes for welcome emails, abandoned cart, membership renewal, online courses, and more.
- Paid versions include an AI writing assistant powered by OpenAI that allows users to write marketing copies faster.
- Automated A/B testing for up to 3 workflow variations.
- Fully functional free trial
- Many unique features like anti-spam check and deliverability suggestions
- A simple interface great for newbies
- 24/7 tech support
- Affordable pricing
- A very simple and minimalist product that is good for beginners
- Many unique features like paid newsletters and selling digital goods
- Great customer support
- A lot of integrations available
- Easy migrations from other services
- Extensive video tutorial library for new users
- Interface not translated to many languages
- A limited choice of integrations
- Limited customization options in sign-up forms
- May come off as too simple for experienced marketers
- You need to get approval to start working with the service
- 2FA requires a third-party app instead of a phone number
- Stripe integration can be troublesome
- Confusing categories in the interface
- Outdated documentation at times
Reviews from experts
“I recently started using Selzy and I have been extremely impressed with its performance. One of the standout features is its user-friendly interface. It's very easy to navigate, and I was able to set up my first campaign in just a few minutes. The drag-and-drop editor makes it simple to create visually appealing emails, and there are plenty of customizable templates to choose from.”
“As someone who has built up my network with Selzy’s tools, I’m confident it’s saved me countless hours of hard work compared to other similar products—which speaks volumes. Plus, they consistently provide helpful customer support, comprehensive online tutorials & guides, and other resources that make it easy to start immediately. If you’re looking for an email marketing platform to help you stand out in the times ahead, give Selzy a try – you won’t regret it!”
Great level of satisfaction in terms of the results we are obtaining in our campaigns, as well as how it is to work with MailerLite on a daily-basis. Also, very important to mention the amazing customer service provided. Always very quick, detailed and helpful. Message Factory couldn’t be any happier by working with MailerLite!
On the down side, MailerLite felt a bit unpolished at times. Things like the odd feature that was incomplete, or a tab that seemed to be in the wrong place – small things that slowly added up, resulting in a bittersweet experience.
MailerLite is great, and I’m sure it will only get better with time. It just fails to deliver an exceptional email marketing experience right now
*This information is current as of 07/07/2023. While we regularly update our articles, it`s possible that this article may not contain some of the latest information.